Iso skin is a real thing. You might have noticed since being in iso that your skin has been doing some funky things, just know that you're not alone.
Here are the main culprits that might be causing your skin to freak out:
1. Stress - Most of us are under some sort of stress during this unusual time and this comes out in your skin. Stress increases the cortisol levels in your body which leads to inflammation in your skin. Hello redness.
2. Diet - We don't know about you, but we have definitely been snacking way more than we normally would. Sugars and bad fats unfortunately also lead to inflammation in our skin, which causes small bumps to appear under the surface of the skin.
3. Maskne - Masks are the newest fashion accessory, however they are not the most beneficially for our skin. Heat gets trapped under the mask and it causes friction. Because this is such a humid moist environment with very little oxygen entering, it is the perfect condition for acne. It can also cause your skin to get dry and itchy.
The best things to help with maskne is:
- To use an exfoliant that has salicylic acid in it as it is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and helps to unclog pores. We love Image Clear Cell Medicated Acne Masque
- Make sure you're using a serum that has niacinamide in it, as it helps to increase your cells production of hyaluronic acid. This helps to attract and bind moisture to your skin, as well as preventing trans epidermal water loss (TEWL). We love Synergie Skin Vitamin B Serum